Based in South Petherton, Somerset, you will be responsible for supporting the Operations Management team and Plant Managers in ensuring the correct and efficient running of our Anaerobic Digestion plants across a mixture of days/nights/weekends (working four on/four off). There will also be the requirement to provide holiday cover for your team when required. You will be based on our gas to grid plant but will also monitor a CHP plant remotely. A full clean driving licence is essential for this role.
- Monitor and respond to the company’s SCADA system (plant monitoring/control software) identifying and rectifying operational problems.
- Liaise with the on-call Plant Operators and Area Plant Managers promptly to ensure any issues are corrected and that there is minimum disruption to the plant and that the plant runs safely and professionally.
- Liaise with the on-call maintenance team to ensure any maintenance work is logged and carried out in a timely manner.
- Undertake some minor mechanical maintenance repairs.
- Log events on the company’s database and ensure accurate recording for handover to day staff.
- Prepare routine performance reports.
- Flexibility is required for covering annual leave and absences of colleagues.
The ideal candidates will have some experience working in a similar operational site, in a similar monitoring role or have broad maintenance experience. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a good understanding and awareness of environmental and commercial issues and their impact on plant operating conditions. They will also possess the following:-
Education/Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge/Skills, Behaviours and Other
- Full UK driving licence due to rural plant locations
- Previous experience of working/operating a similar control room system
- Ability and experience to operate a telehandler/tractor/forklift is desirable (although training will be provided)
- Excellent IT skills with good numerical, analytical and diagnostic skills
- Excellent understanding of health and safety regulations and compliance
- Proven ability to react promptly and problem solve/decision make without unnecessary delay
- A positive, proactive and reliable approach with good flexibility
- Ability to interpret data to maximise output and solve process issues
- Attention to detail and a practical can do attitude. Good reliable team player with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work co-operatively and in collaboration with other stakeholders, partners and colleagues
- Resilience and drive and the ability to work under own initiative.
Application deadline: 25/07/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.75-£12.00 per hour